WSU Business Issues & Challenges Series: Additive Manufacturing & Reverse Engineering
Wed. July 11 at 3:30-5 p.m.
Wichita State University
Experiential Engineering Building Lobby
1800 Innovation Boulevard
(Ample, free parking adjacent to building)
The second seminar in our series addresses additive manufacturing and reverse engineering technologies. Brian Brown, director of Robotics and Automation for Wichita State University’s National Institute for Aviation Research and Chris Rempe, manager of the Additive Manufacturing & Reverse Engineering Labs will highlight available equipment and technologies for additive manufacturing and reverse engineering. They will provide examples of projects completed and provide recommendations for which methodology to use depending on the desired result.
- Types of Technologies Available / Pros & Cons of Each
- Additive Manufacturing
- Focus on FDM Printing
- Material Types
- Printer Sizes
- What 3D Printing is and what it IS NOT
- What can 3D-printed parts be used for?
- So you want something 3D printed…
- Future of 3D Printing
- Reverse Engineering & Inspection
- What is truly possible?
- Limitations of Scanning
- What It Can Do For Your Business
- So you scanned it, now what?