Friday October 5, 2017
WSU Ventures at Wichita State University is pleased to announce the recipients of its annual Innovation Awards, which will be presented at a university-wide recognition ceremony on Tuesday Oct. 24 at 3 p.m. in Beggs Ballroom.
Students, faculty, staff, industry partners and their guests are invited to attend the event, which is held to recognize individuals, organizations and programs that have adopted and advanced the innovation university concept.
Recipients of the 2017 WSU Ventures Innovation Awards include:
- Ambassador: Gary Brooking, director of engineering technology
- Bright Future: Andrew Martin, junior, liberal arts and sciences; Austin Nordyke, junior, engineering; Brad Weber, graduate school, psychology; Derek Landwehr, junior, liberal arts and sciences; Emily Harrington, senior, education; Jacob Archer, senior, business; Lindsey Carson, graduate school, health profession; Steven Powell, junior, fine arts
- Catalyst: GoCreate, A Koch Collaborative
- Community Partner: Go, Baby, Go!
- Creative Works: Joel Suss, assistant professor, psychology
- First Dollar: Fairmount Technologies
- Innovation Partner: Dassault Systèmes
- Newsmaker: Innovation Campus
- Patent: Ramazan Asmatulu, professor, mechanical engineering; Vamsidhar Patlolla; William Groutas, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
- Philanthropy: Bill Lucas
- Pioneer: George Bousfield, Lawrence M. Jones Distinguished Professor of Biological Sciences
- President’s: College of Education
- SBIR: William Carey
- Shocker I-Corps Breakout: Vytal
- Shocker I-Corps Academic Lead: Kara McClusky, engineering educator
- Trailblazer: Shocker Studios
- Visionary: Facilities Planning
This is the third annual year for the awards.
“We believe that recognizing and celebrating these important initiatives is a great way to encourage and inspire innovation university wide,” said Mark Torline, director of WSU Ventures and the Center for Entrepreneurship.
RSVP is encouraged at http://bit.ly/innovationawards2017.