Technology Development and Business Counseling Grants
Competitive Solicitation Opens Jan. 3
Applications Accepted through Jan. 23
WSU Ventures seeks to identify high-potential technology development collaborations with Kansas based individuals or companies that have a commercialization timeline of less than 18 months. The product or service must be innovative, such as a new idea, device, method or application of a better solution. WSU Ventures expects to award approximately six awards for technology development to businesses, innovators, and entrepreneurs for qualifying expenses related to expanding their ability to conceive, develop, and/or produce technologies and to deploy new technology based processes; each award will not exceed $10,000. The grant awards are subject to availability of funds and a competitive review, evaluation, approval by an advisory panel and the Kansas Department of Commerce.
PROGRAM GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
- Applications are open to south central Kansas based individuals or companies, including but not limited to the following stages of development:
- Entrepreneurial concepts or ideas
- Proof of concept
- Company growth opportunities
- Start-ups (not limited to first stage)
- Fully executed contract must be received prior to start of any technical assistance funding/reimbursement.
- Third party contracts are prohibited; innovator’s enterprise must benefit from successful commercialization of innovation.
- Scope of services should be for the purpose of increasing business competitiveness and/or to promote growth and/or avoid layoffs.
- Technology development and business intelligence activities can be conducted at the business’s own facility, at a provider’s facility/laboratory, or at a combination of sites.
- Technical assistance
- Feasability studies
- Planning activities
- Market intelligence
- Laboratory fees
- Domestic travel
- Technology or process development
- Faculty/research, graduate or undergraduate student fees, wages
- Training software and information technology
DEADLINE: Jan. 23 / ROUND 2 PITCH DATE: Feb. 7