Department: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
1. How long have you worked at Wichita State?
22 years, since 1993.
2. Where did you work before you worked at Wichita State?
Lockheed Engineering and Science Company, Clear Lake, Houston, TX.
3. Alma Mater:
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
4. Research areas of interest:
Wireless Mobile Communications, Communication Systems, Information Theory,
Satellite Communications, Smart Antenna, Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA),
Multiple Input and Multiple Output (MIMO), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple
Access (OFDMA), and Cooperate Communications.
5. Classes taught:
EE383, EE586, EE726, EE754, EE826, EE836, EE856, EE886, EE986.
6. What spurred the development of this technology/innovation/research?
To protect friendly user’s communication systems against malicious jamming signals.
7. Who do you envision as potential or ideal licensees?
AFRL, ARO, ONR, Defense Communications Systems, Civil Mobile and Satellite Communications Systems Companies.
8. When did you become interested in your profession?
Since I started my Ph. D.
9. Where is your favorite place on campus?
My office 221JB.
10. What is the best thing about being a Shocker?
11. Favorite lunch spot:
My office and Shocker Hall.
Commuting to campus using a bike.